Saturday, March 31, 2012

This Time Together by Carol Burnett




Genre:
Non-Fiction

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Random House Audio

Release Date:
April 2010





Synopsis from Amazon.com:

THIS TIME TOGETHER is 100 percent Carol Burnett – funny, irreverent, and irresistible.

Carol Burnett is one of the most beloved and revered actresses and performers in America. The Carol Burnett Show was seen each week by millions of adoring fans and won twenty-five Emmys in its remarkable eleven-year run. Now, in This Time Together, Carol really lets her hair down and tells one funny or touching or memorable story after another – reading it feels like sitting down with an old friend who has wonderful tales to tell.

In engaging anecdotes, Carol discusses her remarkable friendships with stars such at Jimmy Stewart, Lucille Ball, Cary Grant, and Julie Andrews; the background behind famous scenes, like the moment she swept down the stairs in her curtain-rod dress in the legendary “Went With the Wind” skit; and things that would happen only to Carol – the prank with Julie Andrews that went wrong in front of the First Lady; the famous Tarzan Yell that saved her during a mugging; and the time she faked a wooden leg to get served in a famous ice cream emporium. This poignant look back allows us to cry with the actress during her sorrows, rejoice in her successes, and finally, always, to laugh.


My thoughts...

I enjoyed listening to this on my commute to and from work. It's been a very long time since I've seen Carol Burnett's show, but I used to love it when I was younger. She was always so funny. Listening to her tell us about her life - both the happy and sad things was very touching. I felt as if I was having a conversation with her.

I really enjoy listening to all the little Hollywood stories and all the moments in her life that she shares with readers and her fans. I could have listened for a long time to these stories and I hope there's another book on its way.





For reading challenge:

A to Z Reading Challenge
2012 Audio Challenge

1 comment:

  1. I loved the Carol Burnett show and also enjoyed this book. Here's my review of it if interested: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/09/this-time-together-laughter-and.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.