Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Fistful of Collars by Spencer Quinn




Genre:
Mystery

Format:
EBook (available as hardcover)

Publisher:
Atria Books

Release Date:
September 2012





Bernie Little and his faithful partner Chet are back in a brand new mystery. Did I mention that Chet is a dog?

A movie crew has arrived in the “Valley” and the mayor’s office is quite excited about it. The movie is sure to bring money to their town. To make sure nothing goes wrong, the mayor hires Bernie and Chet to babysit the movie’s heartthrob, Thad Perry. Thad is known to be one of Hollywood’s bad boys and it’s up to the Little Detective Agency to keep him on his best behavior. To add to their assignment, Thad’s cat Brando wants to create a little havoc of his own with Chet.

As Bernie and Chet become more and more involved in Thad’s life, they learn there is an old crime in his past that involved a major cover up. Bernie intends to get to the bottom of it, but when he discovers a murder and drugs are involved, he realizes he might lose more than just his job. He could lose his life, too. Not to mention Chet’s.

Add in Bernie’s rocky romance, his six year old wanting to be a movie star and a pushy ex-wife, you get another exciting Bernie and Chet adventure. It’s a fast-paced mystery that keeps you guessing until the end.

It’s narrated by Chet and his love for Bernie is so evident in each word. Their relationship is so touching. Chet’s one liners keep you laughing and his love for food is also pretty strong through the entire book. LOL It’s hysterical when he starts drifting off in his narration and thinks about food.

This is the fifth book in the series. I listened to the previous four on audio, but this one I downloaded through NetGalley. I adore this series, even if the cat is just a guest star and not a main character. LOL





FTC Disclosure: NetGalley provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

For reading challenges:

What an Animal Reading Challenge?
E-Book Reading Challenge
Merely Mystery Reading Challenge
Where are you reading challenge? (California)

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.