Saturday, September 1, 2012

Designed for Death by Jean Harrington




Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
EBook

Publisher:
Carina Press

Release Date:
January 2012




A year after her husband’s death, interior designer Deva Dunne is trying to get her life back on track. The adjustment is difficult, but she’s doing her best. Deva leaves her home in Boston and moves to Florida. After her husband was killed in a car accident, thanks to icy roads, Deva wants nothing more to do with winter. Florida is the perfect answer…or so she thought.

Deva moves into an apartment complex which is about to be turned into condos. She’s hired to renovate the apartments. Her neighbor, Treasure, wants her place to be like a movie studio. As Deva becomes involved in the project, she is faced with a scene that’s right out of a horror movie. Treasure is strangled and left for dead in her bathtub.

Of course the police consider Deva a prime suspect. She can’t believe they suspect her since she hardly even knew Treasure, let alone have a reason to kill her. Intent on clearing her name, Deva throws herself into the middle of the investigation much to the dismay of the lead detective, Rossi. Deva is determined to find the killer before anyone else is hurt.

This is a quick, light read. The characters are fun, some are evil, and some are just plain wacky. Add that to a plot that keeps you guessing until the end and you have everything you need for a captivating cozy mystery. There’s even some romantic tension thrown in between Deva and two possible love interests. This is the first book of the series and I’ll definitely be reading the second book, The Monet Murders A great start to a fun series!


4 out of 5 kitties!

FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.


For Reading Challenges:

E-Book Reading Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.