Monday, December 17, 2012

The Christmas Carol Murders by Christopher Lord




Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Harrison Thurman

Release Date:
September 2012




It’s Christmas time in Dickens Junction, Oregon but all is not as peaceful as you would think. As the citizens of Dickens Junction prepare for their annual Christmas celebration, a stranger visits their small, quiet town. Not long after he shows up, the stranger is murdered. The local bookstore owner, Simon Alastair, fears for the safety of his small hometown and conducts his own investigation.

Simon’s fears mount as another murder occurs and he begins to suspect his friends and business associates. Things get a bit dicey, but Simon is determined to figure out exactly what is happening in his town.

Christopher Lord creates the perfect backdrop for a Christmas mystery – a Charles Dickens town in the present time. This book had the feel of an old Agatha Christie book with a traditional story filled with eccentric characters. Each one is crafted to perfection and Lord’s description of the town puts the reader right in the middle of a Charles Dickens novel. It is a unique premise that I found enchanting. I truly felt as if I was standing right with all the townspeople of Dickens Junction. The story was fast-pacedf and perfect for this time of year.

It’s the first book in the series and I’m looking forward to reading the next one!





FTC Disclosure: Mindbuck Media provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.