Monday, July 29, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - July 30th



Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...





Let the games begin.

Rosie Butler, my twenty-eight-year-old, uberorganized assistant, stands at my desk dressed in a taupe Ann Taylor pantsuit, her butterscotch hair tucked neatly under her chin.  Rosie's eyes are riveted to her phone sheet.

"The Lethal Stilettos notes meeting was moved to three.   So now you have two back-to-back pitch meetings.  One with Fox, the other with Warners," says Rosie.  Despite the hectic pace, she remains col and collected.  "The Of Corpse She's Alive dailies are on your iPad.  The producers think they suck and want to fire their director and hire the one you suggested.  Standards has an issue on Bunnies; the actresses need to wear nipple covers.  The female studio exec on Alpha Male wants to cast the guy from Glee in the role of Coach Bob Knight.  The writers are freaking out and begging you to call that woman, whom they referred to as a first-class...well, you know."


 So, what do you think?  Would you continue reading?

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like she has a hectic job there~good teaser!

    Here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/07/tuesday-teasers-four-for-you_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this has the potential to be a fun summer read. ENJOY (and thanks for joining us).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, this one sounds like it will be hilarious. The assistant alone makes me laugh. I can visualize her completely now!

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meh...sound slike it could be funny, but don't know if it's one for me. My teaser: Old Bones

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun story. I wouldn't want her job. Come see my teasers for Charmed Vengeance by Suzanne Lazear and Saving Paradise by Mike Bond. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd definitely keep reading. It reminds me a little of The Devil Wears Prada.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would need to read a bit more to decide.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.