Saturday, September 24, 2016

Review: Maple Frosted Murder by Susan Gillard





Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:

Release Date:






Synopsis from Goodreads:

A professional and very public rivalry with the owner of the corporate cookie cutter donut shop owner, leaves Heather as the prime suspect in his murder, when his body is discovered.

Health inspectors, shady business practices and a tangled web of intrigue unfold as Heather dives headfirst into the case, determined to clear her name and uncover who is the cold storage killer.

My Review

Heather Janke, owner of a gourmet donut shop, faces the wrath of Stan Dombrowski, owner of a franchise donut shop. They fight publicly and the next thing Heather knows he is murdered. Of course the number one suspect is Heather herself and she’s not going to wait for the police to clear her name. She’s going to do it herself.

This is the second book in the Donut Hole Cozy Mystery series. There are so many books in this series that I was hesitant when I started the first one. I thought there were so many books to catch up on that I’d never may any headway, but I enjoyed the first one so much (and it was a quick read), that I went for the second book. This, too, is a fast read. This series is perfect when you want a short read between longer books.

It’s not a complex mystery, but I didn’t figure it out until the end. There’s no sex or violence. It’s a sweet cozy mystery. There is much character growth from the first book. As much as I enjoyed the first one, this was even better. I’m looking forward to book #3.



For reading challenges:
Foodies Read Reading Challenge 2016

Disclosure: I bought this book as a Kindle freebie. All opinions expressed are my own.


7 comments:

  1. Not heard of this series but it sounds fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I'll check the series out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, I'm glad you enjoyed this sweet cozy. Will the next one be even better?

      Delete
  4. Nice review! This looks like a fun read, and that cover makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like interspersing easy fun reads in between longer heavier reads.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.