Saturday, December 17, 2016

Cloak And Dagger Reading Challenge 2017 Sign Up


I enjoyed this one last year, so I'm back again. This is hosted by Stormi at Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh My! and Barb at Booker T's Farm.

Here are the details...



Challenge Rules:

You can read any book that is from the mystery/suspense/thriller/crime genres. Any sub-genres are welcome as long as they incorporate one of these genres.

You don’t need a blog to participate but you do need a place to post your reviews to link up. (blog, goodreads, booklikes, shelfari, etc.)

Make a goal post and link it back here with your goal for this challenge.

Books need to be novellas or novels, please no short stories. (At least 100 pages +)

Crossovers into other challenges are fine.

The Challenge will be from Jan. 1st to Dec. 31st. (Sign up ends April 15th)

There will be a monthly link up so that others can check out your progress and look at your reviews. At the halfway mark and at the end we will have a giveaway for those participating.

If you tweet about your progress or reviews please use the hashtag #2017CloakDaggerChal so others can see it.

Levels:

5-15 books – Amateur sleuth

16-25 books – Detective

26-35 books – Inspector

36 – 55 – Special agent

56+ books – Sherlock Holmes

I don’t know about you but I seem to gain more series than I finish, so think I am going to make 2017 the year of finishing some series! 🙂 To help along with that Barb and Thought we would make a mini challenge within the Cloak and Dagger challenge.

Can you finish a series in a year? Or how about two or three series? The amount will be up to you! At the end of the year, we will have you link up the last book in the series or at least the last book that is out and published as it can be a series that is still going on. You can then sign up for the series ender giveaway for a $5 gift card. It’s a totally optional challenge, but we just wanted to try something different this year.

I'm going to go with the Detective Level and, hopefully, read 25 books. I'm not sure about the series part, though. I will list my progress here...

1.  Never Never by James Patterson, Candice Fox (Click here to read my review.)

2.  Beginner's Luck by Corinne Scott (Click here to read my review.)

3.  Smugglers & Scones by Morgan C. Talbot (Click here to read my review.)

4.  Familiar Escape by Caroline Burnes (Click here to read my review.)

5.  A Stone's Throw by Debbie DeLouise (Click here to read my review.)

6.  Hospitality and Homicide by Lynn Cahoon (Click here to read my review.)

7.  Uniformly Dead by Greta McKennan (Click here to read my review.)

8.  The Black Cat Sees His Shadow by Kay Finch (Click here to read my review.)

9.  Bearly Departed by Meg Macy (Click here to read my review.)

10.  French Fried by Kylie Logan (Click here to read my review.)

11.  Death on West End Road by Carrie Doyle (Click here to read my review.)

12.  Bring Her Home by David Bell (Click here to read my review.)

13.  Engaged in Trouble by Jenny B. Jones (Click here to read my review.)

14.  The Child by Fiona Barton (Click here to read my review.)

15.  All Signs Point to Murder by Connie di Marco (Click here to read my review.)

16.  Last Breath by Karin Slaughter (Click here to read my review.)

17.  Shadow Girl by Gerry Schmitt (Click here to read my review.)

18.  The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter (Click here to read my review.)

19.  Murder Wears Mittens by Sally Goldenbaum (Click here to read my review.)

20.  A Tale of Two Kitties by Sofie Kelly (Click here to read my review.)

21.  A Knit Before Dying by Sadie Hartwell (Click here to read my review.)

22.  Hair Brained by Nancy J. Cohen (Click here to read my review.)

23.  Protocol by Kathleen Valenti (Click here to read my review.)

24. Body on Baker Street by Vicki Delany (Click here to read my review.)

25.  Dead in the Water by Denise Swanson (Click here to read my review.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.