Friday, February 24, 2017

Review: Hot Combat by Elle James



Genre:
Romantic Suspense

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Harlequin Intrigue

Release Date:
January 17, 2017





Synopsis from Goodreads:

Can a sexy SEAL discover the truth before terror explodes?

Loaned to the task force taking on the most dangerous Homeland Security challenges, injured SEAL Jon "Ghost" Caspar is assigned to protect a former lover and her daughter and prevent an imminent terrorist attack on his Wyoming hometown.

Single mom Charlie McClain hoped she'd never again see the gorgeous cowboy who broke her heart, but with her safety compromised, she needs Ghost. Can she still resist his rugged charms and keep a bombshell secret about their affair?

With a terrorist on the loose, Ghost struggles to remain professional. But the elite bodyguard can't guard his heart against beautiful Charlie and her adorable daughter

My Review

I do enjoy romantic suspense and this one hit the mark for me. This is the first book in a new series by Elle James called “Ballistic Cowboys”. Readers are introduced to a cast of strong, likeable characters to cheer for. Ghost is part of a group of men assigned to a task force to protect the country from terrorists. Ghost and Charlie have a ton of chemistry. They are a couple readers can truly care about.

Ghost’s first assignment is to protect Charlie and her young daughter who are receiving threats. He’s shocked to discover Charlie is no stranger to him. They must put their past aside to figure out the current danger threat.

The storyline is jam-packed with action, adventure, mystery and much romance. This book is so fast-paced, I felt as if I were on a never-ending roller coaster ride. To add to my enjoyment of the book, I was surprised by the ending. I didn’t see it coming.

This is a continuing series and I, for one, am looking forward to the next one. In fact, it’s already downloaded to my e-reader.



For reading challenges:
Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2017

FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.