Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday - May 3rd



This meme is hosted by Tressa at Wishful Endings.

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by the fabulous Jill at Breaking the Spine. Find out more here.

This series is the very first cat mystery series I ever read.  I fell in love with Joe Grey.  With all the books out there I've fallen behind on reading this series, but I'm always happy to see that it is still continuing.  Eventually I will catch up.  The August release looks so good.





Synopsis from Goodreads:

The stakes are higher and more personal than ever for feline investigator Joe Grey when death comes to his beloved coastal California town in this twentieth installment of the enchanting cat mystery series.

While new father Joe Grey is overjoyed to teach his three young kittens about the world, he misses his cop work — secretly helping solve crimes alongside his human friends at Molena Point P. D. But when beautician Barbara Conley and one of her customers are found dead in the salon, Joe makes an exception, he heads for the crime scene. He has no idea that the kittens are following him, or how they will complicate the investigation.

But this is not the only danger to the kittens. A stranger is lurking around the home of Joe’s tabby lady, Dulcie, where the kittens were born. Both parents’ backs are up and their claws out, ready to protect their babies and to protect Wilma Getz, Dulcie’s human housemate.

As the death of the beautician becomes entangled with a gang of thieves working the village, Joe, Dulcie, Kit and Pan are all into the investigation; and they are led to unexpected connections, to the building of the new cat shelter and to a neighbor who becomes suddenly an unexpected part of the tangle.

Joe Grey fans will relish this latest installment following their favorite feline detective and his growing group of friends.

Genre: Mystery, #20 A Joe Grey Mystery
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: William Morrow
Release date: August 15, 2017

4 comments:

  1. So how many are in this series? I've always considered checking it how. What an pleasing cover although I initially thought the cats were sitting patiently in the yard, but then I realized it was a roof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...that cover looks so cute!!! I hope you enjoy this book!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks cute and I'm not sure I've ever come across a series where the cats are the main characters quite like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.